I am posting a high level development approach here.
- Technology choices for Frontend and Backend.
- Design a responsive front end system for Commuters, Customers, Admin’s etc. All based on user roles.
- RDBMS vs NoSQL - Make a decision to go with the appropriate backend.
- Design and Develop a system to perform automated background checks.
- Develop a system to capture the commuters, customers info and have a mechanism to validate and confirm their identity, address etc.
- Design and Develop a Restful API that considers Resources pertaining to the Domain Models.
- Decide on the “Third Party” API’s and payment gateway integrations.
- Build a system to connect customers to commuters by running algorithm and follow the workflow to deliver parcels in an efficient manner.
- Perform Automated unit tests, Behavioral driven, Acceptance test at early stages and get feedback and improve the product.
- Finalize the deployment options. On premise vs Cloud Platform.
PS: I recommend follow Domain Driven Design.