This article was cool 😄 I’m actually planning to design my own FPGA development board…
How to design an FPGA from scratch
FPGA design checklist
- Make sure you have plenty of time to spare.
- Find a decent computer.
- If you can afford it, add a big display.
- Decide which operating system to use.
- Consider using a virtual machine (VM).
- Select an FPGA vendor.
- Pick out a suitable development board.
- Select an embedded processor to use.
- Download the FPGA design software.
- Add the latest service packs.
- Choosing a logic simulator.
- Choosing a synthesis tool.
- Learn C programming.