Required: SLA battery, Arduino with 5V output.
For best results, connect the wheels to the motors, but make sure that they are suspended in the air, i.e, don’t let the motors touch any surface. Or else, they the bot will move unpredictably.
- Connect the SLA battery to the motor driver (12V and GND, green terminal blocks).
- Connect the motor driver input GND (male pin headers) to the Arduino’s GND.
- Connect Left-Hand side motors in parallel to M1+ and M1-.
- Connect Right-Hand side motors in parallel to M2+ and M2-.
- Connect D1 to the Arduino’s 5V and check if both the Left-Hand side motors are rotating reverse.
- If not, flip the wires of one Left-Hand side motor in M1+ and M1-.
- Similarly, do the same with the Right-Hand side motors with D3.
- Finally, check if both side’s motors spin reverse when D1 and D3 are connected to 5V.