In this post, we will learn how to make a battery bank for cheap. This can be used to power up Raspberry Pi, Arduinos, and even mobile phones.
This can be done for as low as $5 or ₹300, provided you have the batteries already.
- Power Bank circuit board. AliExpress Banggood Amazon.us
- Mobile battery or 18650 size cells. (3.7V Li-ion). Buy as per capacity requirement.
- For best contact, solder all cells in parallel, if there are multiple cells. Take care not to connect two different terminals to each other, or else, the pack might explode.
- Solder the battery pack to the circuit. Again, do the connections to the proper terminals. If done wrongly, the pack might explode, and/or the bard might fry.
Now your bank is ready.
- Charge and discharge the bank a few times. The board contains a microcontroller with a small memory that’s used to measure the capacity status. Accuracy improves with time.
Now your Semi-DIY battery bank is ready for use!
Video tutorial by 1nformatica
Video for reference. It’s in German.
Feedback and suggestions are always welcome!