Thanks Khalid. I have already completed half the project. I now need help with a renaming system. The details are available.
I am working on a mission critical project where I need some help with a little bit of coding. Not sure if I need to use a batch file for this or if I need a VB script or something. I am a complete NOOB when it comes to coding and software and mostly an end user. What I need is listed below:
How to create a command within windows which is always running in the background:
- A bar code read by the bar code reader should trigger a series of events which are controlled by the code we write.
Sequence of events after the bar code reading event.
- The bar code read should be stored in the clipboard memory.
- A initially specified folder with all files starting with the string “IMG_****” should get selected and renamed with the name stored in the clipbard.
- These files move to another subfolder titled : “Renamed Files”
- Clipbard should free itself and return to initial stage where the code is running in the background and is waiting for the bar code event to trigger again.
The project is now viewable on instructables.com at