Consider following points before going to drone making.
- Need money for buy parts mostly they are very costly than regular electronics parts.
- Genaral knowledge of part selecting like:
*BLD Motor x 4: size, KVA, Thrust, RPM, Torque, Shaft type, Voltage, Weight,Interface
*ESC(Electronics speed controller) x 4 : Ampere capacity (25A,30A,40A) , Connectors, weight, company
*Battery x 1 : Number of cell (2S,3S,4S,5S), Voltage(11.7v ,12v), mAH(1200,1800,2100,3500,5000mAh), Size, Weight, Connectors, Company(turnigy is best)
*TX Transmitter Receiver Pair : Dont think that you can make your own TX RX pair go for ready made kit of these. Number of channels (6ch), Range(1-5km), Extra features FPV,Display, Programmable, Multi antenna, Computer simulator support, data logger.
*Drone Controller : It can made by you from arduino, Fligth controller board, Auto pilot board, Aviation boards or Ready to fly controller box like KK board. This board takes PWM input from Receiver and control four motors. if it have Gyroscope, Accelerometer ,magnet sensor , GPS then it can be programmable for autopilot and self balance in air.
*Drone chasse : make your own frame design it should be balance and stable and crash proof, ready made chassis can have these all features. important thing is weight should be as low as possible. material carbon fiber.
*Propellers : its most important part you should carefully choose propellers its depend on your drone size dimension of propellers. (length 10 inch, sitch 4.5)
- Skill of assembling all parts need to research befor making any connection to battery.
- Space for testing and safety precautions.
- Ready to face failure because is not require that your first flight may go properly. Drone need to be proper balanced.
if some point remaining please add.