Our project shows empathy towards those who are physically challenged, which mainly includes lame, handicapped and dumb. After several studies and survey, it has shown that though both children and adults and many disabled people can be satisfied with standard manual or powered wheelchairs; there is a segment of the handicapped community finding it difficult or impossible to use wheelchairs independently.Looking such scenarios, we came to a conclusion to make a product which would be helpful to all kind of people (physically challenged), which would eliminate most of the difficulties, which could provide them a leisure, which would allow them to play with the trending technology, which would make them feel that they actually are a part of a society.
1)The Smart Wheelchair aims in eliminating the need of other person required to push the wheelchair as well as the physical effort one needs to apply to head the chair.
2)The proposed work is to create and develop a smart wheelchair using gesture control system and obstacle avoidance.
The basic block diagram of this project would look like this:
How To Receive Resume Credit
1)Active participation and finding a pathway for more robust design would be highly appreciable.
2)Finding solutions related to motors, motor drivers, GSM module and other features.
Teammates & Contributors I’m Looking For
I am looking for people who are well versed with Arduino and various sensors like accelerometer and ultrasonic sensors. Also, extra knowledge would be highly appreciated.
Amateurs are most welcome as they can learn and implement it further.
Where I Need the Most Help
- The essential part would be the motor and its driver. Correct DC
motor is required with high torque and power so that it can be able to withstand the person’s load.
- Along with the motor, motor driver is also essential and a battery that has sufficient current and voltage (12V).
- At last, designing of the chair is quite important where mechanical engineers comes into the picture.
Why Sponsor This Project?
- This project is more of actual implementation apart from learning. It can be brought up into the market, and many people can be benefited with this product.
- I have the proper planning and project management through which the aim of this project can successfully be accomplished.
Why I’m Passionate About This Project
- I have empathy towards disabled people and have aimed at making a real-time product that can be useful to them. This idea shows me the future of how they will be using this Smart Wheelchair glibly and efficiently, without any effort.
- Moreover, I am passionate about doing projects on Arduino and various sensors that can be interfaced with it.
Supporting Material & Info
Various components that will be used here are:
- Motors and drivers
- Battery (12V)
- Encoder and decoder/ ZigBee
- Jumper cables (Male-to-Female and Female-to-male)
- Accelerometer ADXL 335
- Ultrasonic sensor
- GSM module
- Design for chair/ Ready chair