The project is about creating the battleground for the robots using Kandy api. Now the entire project is broken down into the following steps :
At raspberry pi side :
- Attach a camera on the raspberry pi.
- Use kandy API to connect with the android application .
- Attach some motors and chassis to make it look like a tanker .
At app side :
- Add kandy api to get the video from the pi .
- Create a unity plugin on top of the kandy api .
- Use opencv to detect other tankers .
- Add augmented reality graphics to make the video into a fully emerged battle ground .
- Create a game on top of all that with the basic health and weapons logic .
Current Task in Progress
Currently , I am playing with the kandy apis and trying to figure out how kandy can be used inside unity 3D . Since there is no direct support from kandy for unity 3D , there is a lot of work need to be done here . Once I create a plugin , I will also add it to the unity asset store for future app developers .
Teammates & Contributors I’m Looking For
Right now I am looking for people who have some experience in creating plugins for unity .
Later stage I will also be needing help from people who has worked with the plugin (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/21088)
Where I Need the Most Help
Since it will be very difficult to target all the platforms , I will start with the android first . Anyone who think that they can help me in creating the unity android plugins from the kandy api for android as given by the kandy developers website
, I badly need your help .
Why I’m Passionate About This Project
I am into unity 3d and graphics for quite a long time and I think this application opens the doors for various other applications too which make me very passionate about this project .
Supporting Material & Info
Working on updating this.