Initial goal of this project is to build a general purpose personal assistant AI which can interact and answer our queries with ease. Initially this AI will have personal info on an individual which includes emails, social media, apps activity on the device it is running. Main focus of this project will be on making it more user friendly than shoving more features and making it difficult to use. We will proceed step by step.
Those who just want to learn about it can follow my blog at(www.nerdswiki.com), where we will publish the progress and result of the project.
Current Task in Progress
- Find Teammates and Connect (https://openai-team.slack.com/)
- Project Breakdown and Structure (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t6ywTxjkIIbmO-R8LodBYuzj5QYGrSggRF_EUBOHoXc/edit?usp=sharing)
- List all of the AI frameworks available for use.(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gPOevZbwma-QLzZGNPwqp0Y84O03uBwxBWjdXiigW_8/edit?usp=sharing)
- Github Repo for this project: (https://github.com/abhianand7/OpenAI)
Teammates & Contributors I’m Looking For
Only serious and passionate people are requested to join this project.
You should have at-least a little bit of experience with AI frameworks/tools(ML, NLP, etc). We need people from all kind of backgrounds some of them are Programming(Python, Java, Julia, C++, etc), English(US, UK, India, etc).
Where I Need the Most Help
Since we are going to use different tools/frameworks available for building this up I would need help from people having programming knowledge in various languages.
Why I’m Passionate About This Project
First something about me:
I am a Robotics and Software Developer and I literally live and breathe technology. Currently I have knowledge in Python, C, Julia, Machine Learning(A patent in progress), NLP, Linux, Data Science, PHP, Scikit-Learn, etc etc.
Now coming to the project, I have been a huge fan of AI & ML for a long time now. After I was good enough with programming in few languages, I started to persue my interest with ML, and finally did a big project in ML which is now in process of patent. And now I want to take the next step towards AI.
Now the question is why I am here, and the answer is, building a decent AI is nowhere easy with my skills alone, so i need help of all of the passionate and talented people out there.
One thing to keep in mind though, generally people dream big with Ai(I mean real big), but it’s not realistic. So, our goal is to first build a decent AI and then improve it step by step.
I have been part of this community from the very start, and I have seen many people trying to build AI for different purpose but failed to even start the project, because of the lack of skills/info/resource and many more things. Also, as of now, there are still many projects right now on this platform based on AI. So this time around lets be more realistic and in the process, lets benefit the community too.
Supporting Material & Info
Some of the AI frameworks available for use are below:
- Melissa: https://github.com/Melissa-AI/Melissa-Core
- Lucida: http://lucida.ai/
- Sirius: http://sirius.clarity-lab.org/sirius/
- OpenAi: https://openai.com/blog/
- Mycroft: https://mycroft.ai/projects/
- Jasper: http://jasperproject.github.io/documentation/api/standard/
Some handy tools/projects:
- CmuSphinx: https://github.com/cmusphinx
- NuPic: http://numenta.org/
- OpenCog: https://github.com/opencog
- OpenAI: https://openai.com/blog/generative-models/
- PyBrain: http://pybrain.org/
- Huge number of popular ML projects/tools: http://deeplearning.net/software_links/